Not that Halloween is relevant anymore, but in case your interested, here are some pics!
We went to a fall festival in our neighborhood and the kids fed animals, and were trying to put their entire hands into the animals mouths. Eeeeeeek!!!!! The germaphobe inside me freaked out a little, but they were having so much fun!!
On the night of Halloween they helped with carving the pumpkin and we gave them the task of scooping. All I heard for days was "I WANT TO SCOOP PUMPIN!!!!" And for days after I was finding whole pumpkin seeds in my dogs poo :D
We only went trick or treating to a few neighbors homes as Halloween was on a school night this year, but it was so much fun now that the boys are older. Caspian kept trying to go inside our neighbors homes LOL! I mean, that is what is noramlly done after ringing the doorbell, so he was totally confused as to why he couldn't go inside :)
We are off to Neverland!!!! Peter Pan, Captain Hook (or Captain Cook according to Valentino) Tinkerbell and John and Wendy Darling!!!!!
And we also have Tiger Lilly, The crocodile and the mermaid!!!
I have obsessive halloween disorder and I make everyone dress in themed costumes every year. My husband gets SO embarrassed but I tell him it's for the kids (just kidding, it's really just for my obsession).
My kids are obsessed with fire trucks and firemen, especially after having our hotel catch on fire on our vacation. They think it's the coolest thing!!!! They were SO EXCITED to go inside a fire engine, and they pretty much attacked all the firefighters pulling at their gear, buckling their belts and touching their hats. They are too funny.
We went to the boys's school fall festival and we also went to see some farm animals at Frying Pan Park. We went on a wagon ride pulled by horses and Caspian was just a tiny bit worried at first but then he loved it and kept non stop talking about it for the next few days.
Is there any season better than fall? I think not! I love everything fall- all things pumpkin spice, Halloween, costumes, trick or treaters, the changing leaves, jack o lanterns and PUMPKIN PIE!
Does anyone have a tried and true low carb crustless pumpkin pie recipe? I'm dying here. This year there will be no sweets for me and hubby :( But instead we are starting to fit into our old "skinny clothes" I'll take that any day over pie.
The past few weeks have been hard around here. Caspian caught a bug from school and graciously shared it with the rest of the family. That Caspian! At one point I had three kids with fevers all at the same time, and charts with different medicine schedules for the three of them. In the middle of all that sickness I got this big urge to declutter my life. Thanks to Konmari and Madame Chic (my favorites) I spent hours and hours cleaning, organizing and getting rid of clutter.
Now that everyone is better, we are in full FALL planning mode, with tons of fun events to attend. Every year for Halloween we choose a family theme for costumes. Last year the theme was Dr. Seuss and the year before it was The Wizard of Oz! This year it will be even more spectacular because now I have a daughter to dress up too! YAY!
So in the spirit of all things autumn I made this little sensory bin for the boys, who have a blast with it. I only give it to them separately though- as Caspian is going through a "MINE!" phase. He's so naughty.
Wishing you all a happy fall 🎃 🎃 🎃
I am currently on month #5 of the Ketogenic diet. Me and hubby have been weighing ourselves monthly to track our weight loss, and I honestly cannot be more proud of our progress:
1st month of Keto: 14 pounds lost
2nd month of Keto: 10 pounds lost
3rd month of Keto: We forgot to weigh ourselves!!!!
4th month of Keto: 10 pounds lost
So overall, since starting the Ketogenic in the summer, I am down THIRTY FOUR POUNDS! Hubby is down TWENTY-TWO pounds!
*Does happy dance*
We forgot to weigh ourselves during the third month because we were vacationing in California. All throughout our vacation we stuck to the diet, except for one day at a relatives house, who insisted we eat pancakes and I mean, it's just rude not to, so I ate like 2 huge pancakes and was in heaven for a good 10 minutes.
It was surprisingly easy to maintain the diet while vacationing. Our hotel had breakfast every morning so we would fill up with eggs and sausage/bacon. All other meals were some kind of meat and salad. We had a lot of bunless cheeseburgers with bacon, a lot of kabobs, and a lot of chicken salads. And we would still have our morning coffee.....a KETO coffee from Starbucks (an ice grande skinny vanilla latte with heavy cream) SO GOOD!
So here's all what I have ate the past two months:
I was adventurous and for the first time made Keto cookies and Keto pizza (with a cauliuflower crust and minimal tomato sauce)
VITAMINS!!!!......I take them every night with dinner. They are: prenatal, DHA, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, Echinacea and I really need to start taking potassium too.
1. We went on vacation to Newport Beach for ten days around labor day weekend and we had so much fun! The kids loved meeting so many family members and friends. We went to Disneyland too and I literally think that was the happiest day of their lives.
2. My mom joined us for a few days and the kids were psyched about their "nai nai"coming on vacation with them. They call her nai nai (grandma in Chinese) because we are working on their Mandarin :) I hope to one day enroll them in Mandarin immersion. Fun fact- Persephone is wearing an outfit that was mine when I was her age! She is literally a mini-me!
3. We are sticklers for routine and structure, and the first few days we tried our best to adhere to nap times and bed times, but after the third or fourth day we literally threw all our routines out the window and went full on vacation mode. Naps were taken in the car and stroller and bed times would get later and later. It would make me cringe! The kids would become hyper at bed time as they were so excited to be sharing a bed, and they would scream "SLEEPOVER!" over and over. They are so funny.
4. Crazy things happened during our vacation- our hotel literally caught fire at 4:30am and we had to evacuate and stay outside for over two hours! The kids thought it was the COOLEST thing ever! They got to see a fire truck and say hello to firemen. We couldn't even be too annoyed because of how much the kids loved that fire situation. Oh and then the next day I got a tooth ache and had to get a root canal. How crazy.
5. On this trip we have discovered that Caspian is immensely afraid of the ocean and elevators. It was a shame because Valentino LOVED the beach and he still asks me if we can go, in the cutest voice "mommy can we go to beach? Please mommy please??!" and he looks up at me with puppy eyes and then I die because I can't handle the cuteness.