1. We went on vacation to Newport Beach for ten days around labor day weekend and we had so much fun! The kids loved meeting so many family members and friends. We went to Disneyland too and I literally think that was the happiest day of their lives.
2. My mom joined us for a few days and the kids were psyched about their "nai nai"coming on vacation with them. They call her nai nai (grandma in Chinese) because we are working on their Mandarin :) I hope to one day enroll them in Mandarin immersion. Fun fact- Persephone is wearing an outfit that was mine when I was her age! She is literally a mini-me!
3. We are sticklers for routine and structure, and the first few days we tried our best to adhere to nap times and bed times, but after the third or fourth day we literally threw all our routines out the window and went full on vacation mode. Naps were taken in the car and stroller and bed times would get later and later. It would make me cringe! The kids would become hyper at bed time as they were so excited to be sharing a bed, and they would scream "SLEEPOVER!" over and over. They are so funny.
4. Crazy things happened during our vacation- our hotel literally caught fire at 4:30am and we had to evacuate and stay outside for over two hours! The kids thought it was the COOLEST thing ever! They got to see a fire truck and say hello to firemen. We couldn't even be too annoyed because of how much the kids loved that fire situation. Oh and then the next day I got a tooth ache and had to get a root canal. How crazy.
5. On this trip we have discovered that Caspian is immensely afraid of the ocean and elevators. It was a shame because Valentino LOVED the beach and he still asks me if we can go, in the cutest voice "mommy can we go to beach? Please mommy please??!" and he looks up at me with puppy eyes and then I die because I can't handle the cuteness.